Hello and happy Tuesday! Thanks a million to the wonderful bookmarkchronicles for the nomination for The Blogger Recognition Award, it really made my day! If you haven’t checked out bookmarkchronicles yet, you’re missing out.
If you are nominated, here’s what you have to do:
- Nominated 15 other bloggers that you want to give the award to. Do some research, or check your “Blogs I Follow”. Go out there and find the blogs! Remember, you cannot nominate yourself or the person who nominated you.
- Show off your award! Write a small post about how your blog was brought into action and a piece or two of advice for other bloggers out there. And don’t forget to share the picture!
- Comment on each blog. Let the nominators know they were nominated.
- Provide a link to the original post at Edge of Night so others can find the original post.
So, why did I start this blog?
I’ve wanted to start a book blog for about 6 months now but studying at university meant I didn’t have much spare time; being a full-time student and having a part-time job pretty much took over. But I have finished university now (and I’m actually due to graduate tomorrow!!) and have to the time to dedicate to blogging and reading. I also wanted to keep up what I learnt at university (i.e. critical reading and analysis of novels) and I thought this blog would be a good way to continue this and keeping track of my reading. Although this wasn’t a goal when I first started, I am realising that this blog is an amazing way to connect with bookworms worldwide and I think that’s the best reason to start a blog of any kind.
Advice for other bloggers
As you all know, I am a very new blogger so I’m not really sure if I’m in any position to give blogging advice! But here is what I would suggest to all new book bloggers:
Blog what interests you: Always blog about the books or genres that interest you, and don’t feel pressured by what others are blogging about. Don’t be embarrassed about the books you enjoy, and your passion and enthusiasm will shine through in your blog posts. Genuine passion will definitely be more rewarding for you and your readers.
Connect with other bookworms: Although it may seem super-duper scary at first, I have learnt that the book blogging community are some of the nicest people around. They’re always willing to offer help and advice, or recommend books or nominate you for awards! Making friends whilst blogging: now who wouldn’t want that?!
My nominations for The Blogger Recognition Award:
As I’m a newbie, I’m not sure I know 15 bloggers that have not already been nominated for this award but I shall try my very best! My nominations are:
- Daniela at books-to-get-lost-in
- Erika at Erika in Bookventureland
- Shelbie at Lu-Lu’s Rants & Reads
- Shannon at Captivated~By~Fantasy
- Kaci at bookbiblio
- Tori at ~ Book Dreamer ~
- Josh at DailyJosh
- Meaghan at readingandcats
- Leah at The Perks of Being a Bookworm